Truk Lagoon Diving CONTACT US Truk Lagoon Diving SITE MAP Truk Lagoon Diving
Truk Lagoon Diving Truk Lagoon DivingTruk Lagoon DivingTruk Lagoon DivingTruk Lagoon DivingTruk Lagoon DivingTruk Lagoon DivingTruk Lagoon Diving

Customer Comments About Odyssey

To all on the Odyssey thank you so much for a week of the most awesome diving I've ever experienced. Mike, James and the team provide a seamless service on the best liveaboard ever!
Andrew Graham
Haddenham, UK - Monday, September 19, 2016 at 07:25:58 (PDT)

We normally don't post comments but we had an experience so positive we just have to share... The Odyssey provided by far the best dive vacation ever and may have spoiled us for any other live aboard boats. Truk Lagoon (Chuuk) combines the best of historical wreck diving along with spectacular natural wonder in hard and soft corals. The ship accommodations are wonderful (spacious cabins, excellent food, and amenities such as heated towels after each dive). Captain James provided entertaining and educational dive briefings full of passion that made you want to bolt from the salon and jump overboard to "crack on"! The rest of the crew were so helpful and friendly. We just got home and are already dreaming about coming back with the rest of our diving family. Thanks for the memories!
Cynthia & Robb
BONNEY LAKE, WA USA - Monday, August 01, 2016 at 13:23:03 (PDT)

What can I say? After 18 months in the planning, last week Odyssey delivered THE most outstanding Live-aboard experience that any of our 12 strong party have encountered in many years of diving. The boat is so far ahead of anything else we've dived from I'm not sure I'll be able to enjoy a Live-aboard anywhere else ever again! The diving in Chuuk is sublime, the guides are beyond good, the food is .... well .... unreal, and Captain Lenny's knowledge, dive briefings and general good humour made for a fantastic week. Quite honestly, next time you consider which Live-aboard is next.. don't consider any other. This one resets the bar.
Matt Blackburn and the Wakefield BSAC crew
United Kingdom - Monday, March 31, 2014 at 17:54:20 (CDT)

Thanks Odyssey (JJ & Kim and crew). I was on the Odyssey Jan 2013 and just scheduled for April 2014. Greatest Live-aboard I have been on. If you have money for one live-aboard do it on the Odyssey (especially with JJ & Kim -- great people). Best Regards,
Chuck Cavaiani
Ashton, Idaho USA - Tuesday, April 02, 2013 at 21:07:00 (CDT)

I made my 200th dive while aboard the Truk Odyssey in April 2010, had a fantastic time looking at all the wrecks, and divemaster Kim spoke for the crew in saying "We'd like to have you aboard for your 300th [dive]." I looked through my dive log pages and it looks like my 300th dive will take place in Palau instead. My apologies. I will definitely consider another week on the Odyssey in the future. A belated thanks for having me as a passenger, and I hope divemaster Todd liked that Elmore Leonard paperback I let him have.
David Peterson
Mokelumne Hill, CA USA - Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 22:29:11 (CST)

Sell everything move to Truk and beg the Odyssey for a job, its that good. Whatever your skill level is they will accommodate you, whether it's to hold your hand and point out things on the deck or to worm your way through parts of the ship that make you wonder "can I fit through that, we'll find out." As a bonus to the ridiculously superb diving the dive crew and Kim's dive video was outstanding, hats off to JJ, Kim, Sam, Kent, Ken, Mika, Berkey and mike. The food was always top notch with a quantity and variety to satiate anyone's palate. If I suddenly wake up with a reg. in my mouth in the engine room of the Shinkoku Maru and I see a sorry pair of miss matched fins in front of me I'll be happy to know that God and I are on the same page.
Dennis Hoyt
USA - August 13, 2011

The trip in June 2011 was awesome and the diving experience never better! I wish I could have stayed 2 weeks instead of only one. The photo opportunities on the wrecks were unsurpassed due to the rich coral growth and the quantity and types of artifacts. The Crew was fantastic and the Guides made it a priority that you see the important aspects of the wrecks while diving safely. I love the fact they have steel tanks. This made the diving much more pleasant considering I could reduce my weight requirement by more than half and reduce my air consumption! I can't say enough about the food and snacks - they were great! I want to thank the Captain, Photographer, and Crew of the Odyssey for a very memorable vacation. I plan on returning for more!
Claudette Muller
USA - August 10, 2011

This was trip #4 for Darren and me. What can you say about Truk and the Odyssey that hasn't been said over and over. Still the best diving, still the best boat. JJ and the crew were superb as usual. We still discover new things everytime. Can't wait to get back in 2013. Thanks to all for a great week.
Hardy Sieck
USA - June 7, 2011

What an amazing trip. It was well above my expectations. The crew was so friendly and accommodating I hated to leave. Every part of the trip was awesome. Every diver should experience this trip. I will be going back.
Sy Bryant
USA - May 24, 2011

WOW!!! I knew it was going to be great...but I was not prepared for just how FANTASTIC it actually turned out to be!!! The wrecks were magnificent...the coral and sponge growth on the wrecks were some of the MOST beautiful reefs I've ever dove on. I got to combine diving on history AND beautiful reefs AND my love of antiques ALL IN THE SAME DIVES!!! Within a week of completing this trip I had already signed up for another trip for my group in Feb 2014. The crew was top notch...the boat is one of the best in the world and they employ a large number of locals which makes this operation #1 in my book. Hats off to everyone in this organization.
SingleDivers.com
USA - Saturday, May 14, 2011 at 11:38:49 (PDT)

Well, once again the Odyssey crew beat expectations and gave us the best week of wreck diving, eating, relaxing and having fun imaginable. Only complaint is that I left Truk weighing more than when I arrived... that was not in the plan, but those surface-interval snacks are too hard to resist.
Steve Lewis
Rosseau, ON Canada - Monday, March 28, 2011 at 08:13:27 (PDT)

Excellent trip mid October. The boat is very good, the crew excellent, diving spectacular!! Well worth the 33 hours to get there. Dvd that Todd produced is a nice momento of a fantastic trip.
Pete Woodcock
Wigan, Lancashire UK - Wednesday, November 24, 2010 at 16:22:56 (PST)

This was my third trip to Truk and by far the most pleasant. The Captain and crew were outstanding. Diving was awesome. Will definitely return with them again.
Bert Wilcher
Tampa, FL USA - Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 15:04:18 (PDT)

Steve Lewis
Rosseau, ON Canada - Tuesday, July 06, 2010 at 19:59:17 (PDT

Just a quick note to send our BEST to Lenny, Cara and crew. Can't believe it has been 7 years already since our trip but believe me we are still talking about it and viewing/re-viewing our video. Thanks to both of you, it is still the adventure & trip of ours lives.........don't tell the wives.
Steve & Mike Gorek
Medina, OH USA - Monday, April 26, 2010 at 08:51:07 (PDT)

This was Darren's and my third trip on the Odyssey and it was the best yet. Thanks Sam and Kent. Todd I will never forget the dive on the Shinkoku. The engine room entry through the smokestack was really special. Thanks Lenny for taking us to the San Francisco. Emerin is the best. Kept us going all week. We will be back in 2011.
Hardy Sieck
Shreveport, LA USA - Monday, September 21, 2009 at 13:46:45 (PDT)

Our fifth Odyssey charter (in 7 years) and the best yet! The soft corals and fish are doing well, and the wrecks are as good as before. The owners and crew, of course, are what have made Odyssey the Best Liveaboard, and it still is. A number of "old-timers" (JJ, Madison, Gina) made us feel like we never left. The refit has spiffed up the boat a little, but the spirit of the crew is what makes it feel so much like home. The ever-vigilant and friendly Cliff stateside makes the booking and preparations easy. We are looking forward to charter #6...see you in 2011!
Martha & Jeff Hubbard
Albany , NY USA - Thursday, August 27, 2009 at 19:54:26 (PDT)

Thanks to all of the crew for doing a great job of hosting my group from Middle Tennessee Scuba and Swim. My 5th trip to Chuuk, and all have been great, especially this one. Your company is a real pleasure to work with and your crews are first-rate. Thanks for showing us all the wonderful things that Chuuk has to offer divers.
Rick Heydel
Brentwood, TN USA - Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 14:01:58 (PDT)
To you all out there, it was a truly a memorable week and so nice to be treated with respect by you all (for once). Great to have Lenny and Cara on board, for JJ and Kim joining us later, for Todd for keeping Sam, Ken and Mika in check and esp Emeren and Kermi for keeping me fed and watered. I know my group had a fantastic time and as a returning crew member, it was great to see it from other side (but not necessarily any better)
Charlie Munns
London, UK - Wednesday, May 06, 2009 at 09:56:57 (PDT)
The most amazing and unusual dive trip we have ever experienced! Thanks to JJ, Kim and Todd for the wonderful week. The dive briefings and history were awesome! The trip far exceeded our expectations (and well worth the 27 hours and 4 flights it took to get there). The boat was excellent and the diving was superb. Thanks so much for everything and keep up the great work!!!
Fredda
Annandale, VA USA - Monday, December 15, 2008 at 09:26:41 (PST)
Wow! That's about the best way to describe the week my brother and I just spent on the Odyssey. The crew led by J.J. was amazing and so was the diving. We met a great bunch of mixed nuts from N. Carolina, a Aussie/Scott couple, a pair of gentlemen from Hungary and a couple of crazy guys from Florida. The wreck diving was even better than I expected and the guides (Madison, Kent and Todd) went out of their way to show us the 'hard to find' parts of the ships. It was such a great trip I can't wait to do it again. We're already planning our return. One tip...The BBQ at the end of the week at Blue Lagoon was terrible. I'd recommend eating at their regular restaurant instead. Its quite good. The outdoor BBQ had cats running all over the place and cremated lobster tails are not my idea of good seafood. I can't say enough though about the Odyssey and her crew. I'll be back...hopefully next year. JJ's da man!
David
Bellingham, WA USA - Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 10:15:23 (PDT)
My brother and I will be on the Odyssey Oct 12-19th of this year. We can hardly wait. I'd love to hear from anyone planning to be on the trip. drussellpnw@yahoo.com
David Russell
Bellingham, WA USA - Monday, September 29, 2008 at 23:06:54 (PDT)
Overall, the Odyssey provided a once in a lifetime dive trip. The dives offered a great variety of fish, lots of colorful corals, inumerable WWII artifacts displayed on the deck, and possibility of limited wreck penetration. Dive service was excellent. We dove twelve different wrecks plus the Betty Bomber. Most wrecks were so large that we usually did two or more dives per wreck before moving on to the next site. We also did a shark feeding dive on the reef outside of the atoll in crystal clear water. The dives offered a great variety of fish, lots of colorful corals, inumberable WWII artifacts displayed on the deck, and possibility of limited wreck penetration. I can't thank Lenny, JJ, and all the dive guides enough for a wonderful week.
Todd Allen
Greeley, CO USA - Friday, August 01, 2008 at 20:46:06 (PDT)
Our week aboard the Odyssey was AWESOME!!! The crew was the best and everything was taken care of. For our next Truk trip, our group is spending the whole thing on the Odyssy. The dive guides, Phil, Mark, Ken, and Kent, were great, they took us way farther into the ships than we would have been able to, it was amazing. The food was awesome, the diving was awesome, the whole week was awesome! No joke, these guys ROCK!!!-KT
KT McPherran
Paradise, CA USA - Monday, May 19, 2008 at 10:48:25 (PDT)
Outstanding!! Dec 2nd-9th 2007 was an incredible week on the Odyssey. Many thanks to the entire crew: Capt. Mike, Mark, Ken, Kent, Madison, Mike, Mika, Emerin and Yori. Everything was great. No detail was left to chance. I have never had such a great time diving. The only problem was the speed at which the week passed. I would strongly suggest the Odyssey to anyone who is looking for great diving, unmatched service and the freedom to dive your own schedule with or without guide (hint: take a guide, their incredible). If your a wreck diver, this is the Mecca, it doesn't get any better than this. Thanks again for everything.
Dale Bunce
Palm Beach Gardens, FL USA - Friday, January 11, 2008 at 13:18:25 (PST)
What a fantastic operation! The Odyssey was my first live aboard experience and I fear no other will ever measure up. The diving, the captain & crew, and the food all receive the highest marks. Everyone worked very hard to make our experience the best and it was. Thanks to Jeff, Charlie and Sam for the great underwater tours and to Nick for getting us there. The Odyssey is truly the Holy Grail of diving!
Sandy Payne
Tampa, FL USA - Wednesday, July 11, 2007 at 13:44:19 (PDT)
Just returned home from the best wreck diving in the world. I dive New Jersey and I thought we had wrecks left over from world war 2. But Truk takes the cake, cookies beer, . I purchased some photos and the video from Mike now I have just the memories and the Pictures. the entire Crew my hats off the you. I have been on four Liveaboards already your the best. Dive when you want, eat when you want. dive your oun profile. come up when you want stay as long as your air and deco hang will allow. there are no clocks and no ringing bells to tell you when and what to do. I just Loved that. The Wreck are to Die for. I just cannot say enough about the Boat and Crew. From the time Nick the Captain Meets you at the Airport till its time to go home they all make you fell like family. what more could you wantin a dive vacation.
Robert Levine
Manalapan, NJ USA - Thursday, June 21, 2007 at 21:15:23 (PDT)
Lenny and Cara, I just had to add my appreciation to you and your staff for all of our Odyssey Adventures. So far I have personally spent 3 weeks on your fantastic boat and look forward to our 2010 return. We have had so many customers that have had such a wonderful experience with you and your staff that it is hard to express all compliments given to you. See you in June 2010.
Larry Cox, Blue Region Scuba
Greenville, NC USA - Monday, June 11, 2007 at 13:10:13 (PDT)
When can I come back?? Last week's trip was fantastic! Thanks to Capt. Nick, instructors Charlie & Jeff, DMs Kent & Sam, and all the rest of the crew for helping to make this such a great adventure. I highly recommend both the diving and the Odyssey to prospective visitors. Saving my pennies for the next trip!
Laura Dickey
Long Beach, CA USA - Tuesday, December 19, 2006 at 12:07:24 (PST)
Lenny, Cara, JJ, Jeff, Nick, Sammy, Jesse and all other crew, Had a great time. I thought two weeks would be enough on the boat but when it came time for me to go I wish I had one more week. Again I was amazed at the professionalism with the crew and how the boat was run. Of course the diving, food, and people made it a great time. Also it is fun to say that Cara actually has a sign underwater for me! I love it. I am honored! I am now looking into make another two week trip there again soon. Mahalo! Tim
Tim Foskett
Kapaa, HI USA - Thursday, November 16, 2006 at 08:10:36 (PST)
The wreck diving at Truk is fun, challenging and exciting. The Odyssey is ideally equipped to make this a recreational divers "fantasy come true". The divemasters, chefs, and of course Lenny and Cara truly live up to the reputation of the Odyssey as "the world's best live aboard". Nothing was too small or too big for them to deal with in a professional and friendly manner...preserving the element of fun and interest throughout the week. Thanks for a great week and many thanks to the crew.
Gregg Gaylord
Sheboygan, WI USA - Thursday, November 16, 2006 at 08:09:26 (PST)
Our group had a great time on the Odyssey! This is by far the best liveaboard experience I have ever had and I have been on many liveaboards before. The crew are top notch, the customer service is simply the best, and the diving is truly spectacular. Thank you, Lenny & Cara, for making our trip so memorable and effortless. We will be back and will definitely tell others that the only way to dive Truk Lagoon is on board the Odyssey!
Amy Christopher
Boulder, CO USA - Sunday, November 05, 2006 at 15:29:18 (PST)
First it was something I could not imagine. Wrecks, to be honest, were not of my interest. But the more I learnt the more I was looking forward to it. Suddenly it was a challenge, an adrenaline buzz for me. I tried to get as many details as possible before the trip. And I was still afraid. But Odyssey and the crew were great! From the very beginning to the end of our stay I could feel the friendly atmosphere. Perfect accommodation, good meals and drinks, diving equipment, bottles and everything related organized, always prepared. Briefings accompanied with the historical background, experienced guides patient, helpful, careful, keeping smiling. The fantastic week was not only about diving but also about meeting new people, making friends. Many, many thanks to Nick, the captain, Charlie, JJ, Kent, Konta, Ken, Jesse, Gina and Kermi, as well as Lenny and Cara who arrived at the end of our stay. Thank you and best regards. I hope we will manage to return one day. There is so much to see and experience in the Chuuk Lagoon. Lenka, Czech Republic, August/September 2006
Lenka Stejskalova
Czech Republic - Thursday, October 26, 2006 at 14:29:13 (PDT)
A big thank you to all the crew on the Odyssey for making our week such great fun. Captin Lenny and Cara have got a great set up and the crew go out of their way to make the whole experience one you will never forget. The boat, food and service was fantastic and the diving was out of this world. We are already looking to book again so see you soon. Ian & James 3rd - 10th September 2006
Ian & James
Emsworth, Hampshire England - Monday, September 18, 2006 at 11:23:31 (PDT)
I wish I was back on Odyssey again! It was a pleasure to be on board again in March 2006 and I would not hesitate to return for the third time. Thank you Cara and Lenny and extend the same to your staff for making my dive vacations with you so special. You have top notch operation, top notch boat, excellent staff and superb wreck diving in the lagoon. Thank you again and best wishes to all of you from New Jersey wreck diver.
helen bilinski
hamilton, nj USA - Wednesday, July 26, 2006 at 13:01:38 (PDT)
Finally getting around to posting thanks and profound gratitude for the best dive trip ever October 2005. UNBELIEVABLE pristine wrecks and incredible array of marine life. The briefings were right on, the staff phenomenal and Lenny, Cara, Shasta, Can't say enough about you. Anyone else play around the AVGAS lately? ha ha Our twins are in the process of getting certified! Tentatively planning a trip back in a couple of years! Can't wait to see you all again. Much love and gratitude to all!
Glenn & Val Flynn
Westfield, MA USA - Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 21:58:10 (PDT)
One of the best if not the best dive trip I have been on. The diving, food, accomdations, and the crew made the trip that I will remember for a long time. Thank you for a great week. Looking forward to seeing you again
Dave Guthrie
Va. Beach, Va. USA - Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 21:56:56 (PDT)
I want to thank you for an awsome trip. I have been on several live aboards and this was the best trip I have ever been on. The boat and the staff are fantastic. I left a piece of dive gear on the boat and it was mailed to me and I got it back right away. I will definitely be back.
Larry Deweese
Houston, TX USA - Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 21:56:02 (PDT)
May 18, 2006 - Just got back from a week aboard the Odyssey. Our group got in two days late because of airline problems and Lenny had us diving right away! All I can say is I can't wait to do it again. The crew was not only professional but made us feel right at home. The wrecks were the best. thanks for the trip of a lifetime!!
Jim Jacobs
Charleston, SC USA - Friday, May 19, 2006 at 07:29:25 (PDT)
This was my first live aboard trip. I fear it will only go downhill from here! Awesome diving. Awesome crew. Super food. Do some warm-up dives. Spool up on your EAN knowledge / procedures. Take a camera (land and sea). Get ready for an outstanding diving vacation.
Philip L Grey
Memphis, TN USA - Sunday, April 16, 2006 at 21:26:43 (PDT)
Absolutely fantastic week onboard Odyssey. Great accomodations and food, world class diving, super friendly crew. This boat is the standard by which all other live- aboards will now be measured. Now we need a super sonic passenger jet to make the commute easier!
Mark Lichtenstein
Virginia Beach, VA USA - Thursday, March 23, 2006 at 18:22:10 (PST)
What a great trip on the Odyssey! My flight got messed up, and I arrived 12 hours late from my group. Captain Lenny was there to pick me up, and even brought in a special reqest tank for me. Thanks also to Cliff in Florida, who arranged things for me on a moments notice. Great Diving, Great Food, Great Crew!
Phil Jones
Damascus, MD USA - Monday, March 20, 2006 at 06:54:55 (PST)
Not sure what to say but WOW! The entire trip was fantastic. From the moment we arrived to the minute we left our every need was met. I would like to thank Lenny, Nick, Stew, Mike, JJ, Poorly, Gena, Kent, and Mika for a memorable experience. The rooms were great, the food was fantastic, and the diving.... there is no way to describe it. Every wreck was a new adventure. The most incredible animal life, and pristine wrecks. As an Atlantic Wreck diver it was nice to see wrecks that had not been raped and pillaged. They were Amazing! Thanks again... and I hope to see you soon.
Bill Adams
Winston-Salem, NC USA - Wednesday, March 15, 2006 at 21:56:33 (PST)
What an adventure!! The crew was great, the food was great, the diving was great. Thanks for making Nov 26 to Dec 5th 2005 a memorable dive expedition for us from the Hunterdon Scuba Center
Edwin H. Knepshield
Ewing, NJ USA - Monday, January 16, 2006 at 10:33:01 (PST)
Hello hello you all out there... I am a micronesian living in the usa. I just want to thank you all for all your nice words about my home island. I am actually from chuuk. I just want to thank you all. I also thank you for all the nice pictures, they all nice and worth looking at them. Thanks again.
Gidalani
Ellicott City, MD USA - Monday, January 02, 2006 at 19:11:04 (PST)
I was on the Odyssey the week of 10/7 to 10/17 with the Stingray Dive Club from Greensboro, NC. This was my second trip to Truk. The boat and crew were absolutely fantastic as was the food. I must have gained 5 pounds. I would like to thank Lenny and Cara and crew members Stewart, Mike, and JJ for making our adventure extremly enjoyable.
Michael Watts
Greensboro, NC USA - Sunday, October 23, 2005 at 19:00:55 (PDT)
Thanks again to "ya'll" for a great first trip to Chuuk. Cara, you did an awesome job picking up the southern dialect ;-) I had a fabulous time in part to the group I came with, but also in part to the wonderful crew aboard the Odyssey! Everyone was wonderful, cheerful, and extremely helpful. I really appreciate all the assistance with my new digital camera setup. I definitely did not want to come home :-) You guys take care and stay safe!
Shelly McGahee
Greensboro, NC USA - Sunday, October 23, 2005 at 18:59:41 (PDT)
Lenny Cara and (extra large crew this week) It was like coming home again for my second round on the Odyssey. The NC bunch had a great time with no regrets or complaints (ok I explined complainers would be keel hauled). As usual the ship was exceptional and the crew was very helpfull. Thanks for haveing a FIRST CLASS operation. Getting the schedule now for a third trip. BE safe.
Van Fleming
Greensboro, NC USA - Sunday, October 23, 2005 at 18:58:40 (PDT)
Incredible wrecks, incredible' artificial' reefs!!! Professional, friendly staff that let you do your own thing or help you if you ask. Roomy boat, BIG rooms and well planned diving facilities! This October 05 trip was my second trip in two years for good reason!!! Thanks for the opportunity to dive with you...... Tom
Tom Heinecke
Puyallup, Wn USA - Sunday, October 23, 2005 at 18:57:20 (PDT)
I had a wonderful experience on board the Odyssey for my first visit to Truk Lagoon (June 12th - 18th, Blue Region Scuba Group). The boat was wonderful (I may be spoiled for other live aboards now), the crew were great and the diving was phenominal. The crew was very knowledgeable about the wrecks and took us to places we wanted to see and showed us lots of cool critters. They even went above and beyond during my visit with a camera rescue and a lost mask search for people in my group. Everyone was great. I hope I get a chance to return someday. Thanks for a wonderful experience for my first live aboard.
Barbara Brown
Winterville, NC USA - Friday, July 01, 2005 at 11:22:52 (PDT)
This was my 2nd trip to Truk and my first aboard the Odyssey. You simply could not ask for a better ship or crew. The diving freedom that is promised is the diving freedom you get. The crew certainly knows their way around the wrecks and are more than willing to show you some great spots on the wrecks. Both Lenny and Cara are certified boat captains but each time I visited the bridge it was Shasta the cat that was sitting in the captains chair. I'm not complaining as she gave us a smooth ride and we never once went off course! Thanks for a great week!!!
Greg Bennett <scubaferret>
Leominster, MA USA - Tuesday, April 12, 2005 at 12:17:16 (EDT)
The Fathoms Magazine Deep Truk week was our fourth time in Chuuk--and our best! We can't imagine diving Truk Lagoon any other way than on the Odyssey. We'll be back!
Jeanne & Bill Downey <downdive@comcast.net>
Pittsburgh, PA USA - Monday, April 04, 2005 at 13:08:55 (EDT)
Lenny, Kara and Shasta and Crew, thank you so much once again for a great trip! We had a wonderful time. Everyone was so much fun and very professional ! We will be back, so be prepared ! Three times is the charm ! Once again, thank you for everything!
Neal and Angie Lane <sd050@aol.com>
Pasadena , MD Great US of A - Wednesday, March 23, 2005 at 12:31:55 (EST)
Dear Cliff, Lenny and Cara: Thanks so much for your help making the Fathoms Deep Trip 2005 such a huge success. Our group had some special demands because of the technical nature of the dives we had planned but your crew managed the change of pace without missing a beat. We certainly would not have managed the logistical challenges without your help and it is very much appreciated. See you next time in Chuuk.
Steve Lewis (Doppler) <doppler@techdiver.com>
Fort White, FL USA - Monday, March 14, 2005 at 13:43:07 (EST)
The week spent on the Odyssey was diving at its best. Lenny, Cara and the crew made a great boat excellent. I enjoyed the convenience of the well-designed dive deck and platform. I wish I could have stayed a month. I will be back again. I have been showing video that Cara produced to anyone that will sit still. Thanks so much for a GREAT dive trip.
George Fleischmann <georgef@gte.net>
Versailles, KY USA - Friday, March 04, 2005 at 10:37:37 (EST)
I JOINED 14 OTHER IDAHO FALLS AREA DIVERS THROUGH INLAND SCUBA FOR THIS TRIP. WHAT A WONDERFUL TRIP. WE FIGURE WE HAVE SET THE STANDARDS VERY HIGH FOR OUR NEXT TRIP. THE VISIBILITY WAS A LITTLE MARGINAL SOMETIMES BUT OVERALL THE TRIP AND DIVING WAS ABSOLUTELY SUPERB. I HAD A NEW DIGITAL CAMERA AND HAVE SOME OF THE BEST PHOTOS I HAVE EVER TAKEN. THE BOAT IS LAYED OUT VERY NICELY AND SET UP TO BE A DIVERS DREAM. THE CREW IS SO FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. GOOD FOOD, GOOD COMPANY AND AWESOME DIVING - WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR!! KATHY ENGLISH
KATHY ENGLSIH <kjeng@lotto.myrf.net>
MENAN, ID USA - Thursday, January 13, 2005 at 19:14:32 (EST)
Linda and I traveled with Janet and the Dive Travel group from Michigan. This was the best trip we have ever taken. We love live aboards and the Odyssey was... IS the best live aboard we have ever been on. The dive brielfs were great, they helped us make the most of each dive. The whole crew was so helpful and friendly. We could not add anything to Janets comments in the guesbook... the trip and Odyessey and her crew are great. Mike and Linda and the Dive Travel Group form Michigan Nov. 2004
Mike and Linda Esenbock <TMEDIVER@AOL.COM>
Commerce, MI USA - Friday, December 17, 2004 at 11:12:34 (EST)
Thanks to all the wonderful crew aboard the Odyssey for taking such good care of my group! Emiren, the food was awesome, especially the coconut macaroon cookies we all loved! Biricky, we loved seeing your smiling face first thing in the morning! Harty, Ken & Hoi...you were a great dive crew and we thank you all for your smiling faces & helpful assistance. Lenny & Cara, you run a top-notch operation. The Odyssey is right at the top of my list of perfect liveaboards! The dive briefings are the BEST in the industry; thanks for the thoroughness to allow everyone to plan their dives to the maximum. Everyone had an awesome time and diving with the dolphins was the icing on the cake! Oh, by the way, the wrecks were pretty stupendous also! Keep up the good work..... Janet & the Dive Travel Services group.
Janet Czapski <info@divetravelservices.com>
Farmington Hills, MI USA - Tuesday, December 07, 2004 at 11:33:38 (EST)
THANK YOU!! to the entire Odyssey crew! We had a fantastic dive trip. The Odyssey was everything our travel planner (Ken of Ultimate Dive Travel) promised. Can't say enough about how awesome the diving was. Hoi was a great instructor-- we learned a lot and had a good time while learning it. Our Odssey experience made the 19 hour flying time to Chuuk extremely bearable. Thank you! We love the DVD Cara produced, and have shared it with many friends.
Roy and Merrilee Nowlin <mnowlin@northstar.k12.ak.us>
Fairbanks, Alaska USA - Thursday, July 29, 2004 at 18:32:57 (EDT)
KUDOS TO THE ENTIRE CREW OF ODYSSEY.THE WEATHER DIDNT AFFECT ANYTHING.HOI,THE SCRAPPLE WAS GREAT AND STILL IS.THANKS FOR A GREAT WEEK OF DIVING.P.S.HOPI,HOWS MY BC?
ed schwartrz <socref2003@yahoo.com>
n.j. USA - Tuesday, July 20, 2004 at 19:19:44 (EDT)
Team Odyssey! WOW! You certainly exceeded our expectations! The staff, the accommodations, the meals & snacks, the diving and the weather combined to give our group from the Cincinnati Diving Center a world-class dive trip. You also made our 20th Anniversary very memorable. Thank you.
Allan & Sue Fuson <afuson@visualsolutionsdist.com>
West Chester, OH USA - Sunday, July 18, 2004 at 17:35:17 (EDT)
Thank you Lenny, Cara, and crew Hoi, Hardy, Madiso, and Mika etc. Thank you for a trip of a Lifetime, Great Service and Pampering. Loved all the minutes Aboard. Leo Rosenzweig
Leo Rosenzweig <LeoFleMkt@aol.com>
Floral Park, NY USA - Monday, June 07, 2004 at 14:24:55 (EDT)
Our dive shop, Wateree Dive Center,from Columbia, SC, had a great week on the Odyssey. The staff was superb and this is the best liveaboard afloat. The diving was great, the food and accomodations were superb and this could not have been a better week of diving. We look forward to returning in a few years. Thanks for a great week. Tripp Jones MD
Tripp Jones <Tjones@sc.rr.com>
Columbia, SC USA - Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 21:10:26 (EDT)
i have been to truk 10 years ago diving with blue lagoon and staying at truk stop. back then it was great diving. i will be comming with blue horizons dive shop in june for a week of diving on your boat,so looking forward to this trip. see you in june. any comments from past trips would be appreciated. thanks
ed schwartz <socref2003@yahoo.com>
n.j. USA - Sunday, April 25, 2004 at 12:26:35 (EDT)
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This was our second trip on the Odyssey (March 2003 and February 2004) and we are ready to go back again. We came to dive, dive, dive--and dive we did. In 5 1/2 days we logged 27 dives and 25 hours underwater. And the only reason we didn't have more dives, is because we weren't allowed to. Lenny and Cara are great!! They altered their dive schedule to fit the divers on board. We dove the I-169, and it is a fantastic wreck! We're so glad we were present at the 60th bombing anniversary ceremony. Thankyou for taking us. It will always be remembered. Thanks for the perfect vacation--we will definitely be back-again! We miss you already, Lenny, Cara, and Shasta. We're so glad that Madison is still on board (don't ever run out of soap). Rickson was wonderful-thanks for the history lessons and answers to our many questions about Chuuk people and customs. Steve and Sue Lentz
Steve & Sue Lentz <slentz@direcway.com>
Campbellsport, WI USA - Monday, March 22, 2004 at 19:30:16 (EST)
lenny and cara, returned home to a snowstorm, oh well. your vessel is a first rate operation. you are truly the class of the fleet. helpful talented crew (madison singing and dancing) to emerens cooking. just an all around awesome experience i will never forget. miss you guys already. march 7-14 james m. rocha ff/emt-dvd-dm-lol
jimbo <ff2flash at aol.com>
fairhaven , ma USA - Wednesday, March 17, 2004 at 17:01:45 (EST)
At 11 am this morning I set down in Orlando after two of the most exciting weeks of my life onboard the Odyssey. Those big fleet live aboard guys should be visiting you to see how to run a live aboard dive boat. I felt that I had been invited aboard my best friend's boat for a visit rather than booking a cabin on a cruise ship. The Captains, the crews, the food, the hospitality -- everything was beyond my expectations. The diving is exceptional and the opportunity to see these massive ghosts of the past in such low stress and minimum impact conditions with superb local guides and excellent briefings and reference material made for a once in a life time experience. To Lenny and Cara and the crews who welcomed me into their home, I can only say thank you -- about ten thousand times. Your ship is magnificent, your crew the best in the world, the islands beautiful, and the memories priceless. My friend Scott is joining you in about a week. Please take care of him and make sure that Madison take him into the engine room of the Fujikawa Maru -- even back into that space behing the shop.
Warren Bacon <rig2@aol.com>
Casselberry, FL USA - Tuesday, November 25, 2003 at 00:22:46 (EST)
Captains Lenny and Cara, What a GREAT time was had by all. This was my second trip to Truk and it gets better. I could not think that after my first trip there, but you and your crew made it even more memorable. From the moment we stepped on the boat we felt comfortable and relaxed. We were able to do the dives we felt that we were comfortable with. You provided flexability to all on the trip and that we thank you for! I am already planning to come back again with even more friends. Keep up the great work. There is no wonder that you are the #1 liveaboard in the world.
Tim Foskett <bcdiver@pacbell.net>
Boulder Creek, CA USA - Monday, November 17, 2003 at 17:53:36 (EST)
Just back from Chuuk after a week on your boat. It was my second trip to Truk and by far the best. The crew was attentive and friendly, the food excellent and above all the dive operation superb. It was great to find a dive operation where divers are allowed (and encouraged) to dive to their skill levels. The equipment and support was firt rate! I have a photo gallery from the week (check out Cap't Lenny hanging out on the deco bar..) at http://www.dwave.net/~donauw/Truk2/Fumitsuki/page_01.htm. Thanks - we'll be back! Don Dixon
Don Dixon <donauw@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI USA - Monday, October 27, 2003 at 10:08:16 (EST)
We have been to Truk 2 (Helen) or 3 (Bob) times. This past two week charter from August 31 to September 14, 2003 was far and away the best of our visits. We enjoyed a level of hospitality and personal service that was without precedent in our experience in any diving venue, including Truk. The first week included our 15th anniversary which Bob memorialized by loosing his wedding ring in the forecastle of the Shinkoku! Lesson learned: never dive with rings. The second week was made perfect by the FINDING of this treasured ring by Davy, our most excellent dive guide. He was able to retrace Bob's path in the interior compartment and with his light illuminated the right area(s). Had we needed anything to make this a "once in a lifetime trip" that would surely do it. We will be coming back in a year or two, for another two-week charter; this time will be sometime in the January to March season when the trades are blowing, just as they were when the ships we dive were sunk. That should put the Odyssey ON TOP of most dive locations, and we can then simply fall off the dive platform and descend directly! Keep up the good work!
Bob & Helen Bodkin <rvbodkin@nwlink.com>
Redmond, WA USA - Saturday, October 18, 2003 at 00:21:51 (EDT)
Wir mˆchten uns nochmals sehr herzlich f¸r die gelungene Woche vom 17.08.03 bis 24.08.03 auf der Odyssey bei Cara und Lenny und der tollen Crew bedanken. Wir fanden das Schiff, das Tauchen und den Service einfach super und kˆnnen es einfach nur uneingeschr‰nkt empfehlen. Es war eins unserer besten Taucherlebnisse. And now in English for Leo (because of my big glasses ;-) ): We would like to thank Cara and Lenny and the fabulous crew for a great week aboard the Odyssey from August 17. ñ 24. The ship, the diving and the service were fantastic and we can only recommend everyone a trip. It was one of our best dive trips.
Dorle, Walter, Florian Heuer <dorleheuer@web.de>
Esslingen, Germany - Monday, September 15, 2003 at 09:49:38 (EDT)
To Skipper and crew of the Odyssey "two thumbs up" for a job well done. Diving Truk Lagoon was an once in a life time dream vacation. The diving, the crew not to memtion the fabulous food made that dream come true. Mahalo for a unforgettable time. Has our Pet Tiger Shark returned? Margy Metzler, Honolulu HI USA
Margy Metzler <malakim@hawaii.rr.com>
Honolulu, HI USA - Sunday, September 07, 2003 at 23:24:27 (EDT)
Thanks for making our dreams come true...twice! Everything was fabulous! Since our trip in October 2001, all we have been able to do is talk about coming back. Your ship, the diving, the food, and the staff all made it as great as we remembered from the first time. Thanks for your energy and enthusiasm in welcoming us back! Big Chicago Hug, Jon, Cindy, Erik, Albert, Edju, Woody, Caryn, Corey, Phil, Etola, and Karl - July 20 - July 30, 2003
Cindy Soderstrom <Cindy@stockupimages.com>
Oak Park, IL USA - Saturday, August 09, 2003 at 00:16:19 (EDT)
Lenny and Cara, Thanks for another fantastic trip and already looking to return. You just cannot beat the Odyssey for diving, comfort, relaxation, and service! The crew makes the Odyssey a do not miss opportunity for all divers. Thanks again, and see ya next year, Bill
Bill Heathman <Wheathman@aol.com>
Midland, Tx USA - Tuesday, April 29, 2003 at 01:28:42 (EDT)
Fantastic! Best liveaboard I have ever been on. Underwater Adventures will certainly be booking another trip in the near future. Thanks to the entire crew. Mark Smith
Mark Smith <uwasmith@aol.com>
Baton Rouge, La USA - Friday, April 04, 2003 at 12:40:09 (EST)
The ship was truely named right. It was an Odyssey Adventure we will never forget! This was my first live on dive boat. I never would have believed I would have had so much fun. Captain Lenny and the crew were great! Neal had been on other live ons, but he said by far this was the best!
Neal and Angie Lane <sd00052gfl@netzero.net>
Pasadena, MD USA - Saturday, March 29, 2003 at 19:12:12 (EST)
Lenny and Cara, thanks alot for giving me the most enjoyable week of my life. You guys run one helluva operation there. The food is great, the crew is great, and the diving is even better. You sure have my recommendations!
Joey Van Metre <carnut30@cox.net>
Prairieville, LA USA - Thursday, March 27, 2003 at 10:22:23 (EST)
Just a brief note of thanks to Lenny, Cara and the crew of Odyssey for a fantastic vacation and live-aboard experience. Having wanted to dive Truk since National Geographics made me aware of it in the 60's, my 30 year wait has been rewarded with the friendilness and professionalism of the Odyssey. Put simply, I challenge anyone to live aboard the Odyssey and have a complaint. It is spacious with a knowledgible staff and otustanding galley crew. Thanks for an experince I'll long remember and treasure.
Steve Gorek <Steve.Gorek@sogeti-usa.com>
Medina, Oh USA - Thursday, March 27, 2003 at 10:21:49 (EST)
Words cannot describe the fantastic experience aboard the Odyssey. This is my first live-a-board and I seriously doubt that others can come up to the level of the Odyssey. Accomodations are amazing, the food and service are very good, and the diving exceeded my wildest expectations. For a wreck diver like myself I can't imagine topping Truk and if you do Truk there is only one choice, the Truk Odyssey. It doesn't get any better. I suggest you book it now because it is a very popular dive destination.
Mike Garrison, PE <mgarrison@gbutler.com>
Leawood, KS USA - Tuesday, March 11, 2003 at 19:47:50 (EST)
Just returned from my trip aboard the Odyssey last week and all I can say is this.....If you already have a liveaboard vacation scheduled and booked, CANCELL IT!...And get to Truk on board Odyssey. The diving and boat and crew are second to none! Once you experience Odyssey, you will discover all others are second best. PHENOMENAL! Thank you Lenny and crew for an absolutely incredible week. I will be back!
John Barbagallo <ninept5@erols.com>
Alexandria, VA USA - Tuesday, March 04, 2003 at 10:58:41 (EST)
Lenny & Cara and the Crew...On behalf of Rick's Dive 'N Travel Center, what a fabulous week onboard the Odyssey! While this was my fourth escorted group trip to Truk, but my first liveaboard there. I'm glad I chose the Odyssey. All I can say is WOW!! Who would have dreamed of such a roomy ship and a king sized bed on a liveaboard? Outstanding food, accommodating dive team of professionals and the fantastic diving in Truk Lagoon. What more can you ask for? A special thanks to the dive crew for the exciting tours of some of the wrecks. An all around superb trip and I'll be back with another group in the future. I'd also like to thank all those who traveled with me and what great spirit and attitude they all had. You guys were the best!!! Let's do it again. Thanks
Rick Newton <rick@ricksdivecenter.com>
North Little Rock, AR USA - Monday, January 27, 2003 at 21:32:08 (EST)
Dear Lenny, Cara and the crew of the Oddyssey (and Cliff), Thank you for a great tech. week, in November, 2002! It was well worth the effort to get there, but one week is not enough. I signed up for next years trip with Fathoms magazine already. The Oddyssey is definitely the standard that other live aboards should strive to meet. And what can I say about Truk, the wrecks alone are awesome but throw in the corals and fish life and no other place compares. Happy holidays and I look forward to seeing you all next year.
Nick Keizer <roostertail_56@hotmail.com>
Cave Creek, AZ USA - Friday, December 06, 2002 at 17:20:21 (EST)
Outrageous diving! Our group did a Deep/Tech week with TDI and it was a blast! Lenny/Cara & crew take exceptionally good care of you, accommodations are great and the boat is set up sweet! Do the Tech week and get Dbl's, Slings and Surface supplied O2 at the deco bar, we dove Nitrox almost every dive other than the deeper wrecks. This is THE Boat to be on in TRUK, worth every penny.
Rick Colford <Rcolford@msn.com>
High Point, NC USA - Friday, December 06, 2002 at 17:19:47 (EST)
Dear Lenny and Cara, I just wanted to thank you for a super trip. Your enthusiasm and attention to detail made the Odyssey stand out above all other liveaboards I have been on. The rest of my group kept telling me that they missed being on the Odyssey for the rest of the trip. I agree with Denise in that the next time we go back it will be for at least the 10 day charter if not 2 consecutive weeks aboard you wonderful boat. I hope to see you soon.
Dan Aranda <dan.aranda@arandatooling.com>
Huntington Beach, CA USA - Monday, August 19, 2002 at 11:32:34 (EDT)
Dear Lenny and Cara, I returned home this morning from my 3 week trip with SAT divers, Inc. I want to thank you and your incredible staff for the impressive week of diving and service. Hands down, the Odyssey won my heart for live aboard diving. Your knowledge, experience, and love of diving showed the entire week I was aboard your vessel. The only regret I have is NOT knowing that you ran 10 day trips!!! So I belive that the third time I visit will be for the 10 day cruise!!! Thank you so much for a wonderful week. I look forward to another adventure with you all again!!
Denise Hurst <gdeever2@aol.com>
Long Beach, CA USA - Saturday, August 17, 2002 at 13:34:01 (EDT)
Cara and Lenny, We had a great time! The wrecks were awesome, both inside and out (including the sub!). Throughly enjoyed your crew (please say hi to Steve "king for a day". We are already making plans for 04. Thanks again for the great time and company. Alan Weakley, The Scuba Center Group
Alan Weakley <aweakleya@egginc.com>
Spotsylvania, Va USA - Friday, July 26, 2002 at 11:17:21 (EDT)
Lenny and Cara, I've wanted to write since our return from Palau, however the depression only just lifted enough recently to enable me to put fingers to keyboard. "Depressed?" you may ask "Why - you just finished the trip of a lifetime?" Precisely! Our week aboard the Odyssey was simply fabulous and we've raved about the trip to anyone who will listen, happily, a large number of people. We recently attended our first local dive club meeting complete with our picture book; many of the members have been to Micronesia and some on other live aboards so we confidently bragged about how superior our experience was as clearly evidenced by the photos. You, and the crew, treated us like honored guests, family members, and old pals....all at the same time......what a great combination! And that was just on the boat - our underwater diving experiences were just as thougtful and perfect. Many thanks, hugs and kisses, and fond wishes for our paths to cross again, to Steve, Lona, Yori, Maddy, Nick, Konta, and Shasta. Best wishes that this finds you all well and happily making awesome memories for others as you did for us. I think of you daily and still miss all of you! ;-(
Blair Kuropatkin, Antelope Valley Scuba <blairy@earthlink.net>
Tucson, AZ USA - Thursday, July 04, 2002 at 20:19:50 (EDT)
Indecisions, indecisions, indecision. How can we decide on what to dive when every dive was amazing! I had the best dive trip of my life on board the Odyssey. The crew was great, the sunrises were fantastic, the food was plentiful (Pancakes with Bananas certainly beat the plain pancakes), oh, and the diving was pretty good. Actually thrilling. Diving through pitch-black engine rooms, exploring holds full of live ammo, and the live corals, who would have expected it! Great job and a well deserved ìReaders Best Liveaboardî title. Oh, and sorry for bringing Brett. I'll be back...
Kurt von Emster <vonemster@yahoo.com>
Belmont, CA USA - Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 13:10:00 (EDT)
Dear Cara and Lenny, I have just returned home from my six week journey..as it was the first time my stay on the Odyssey was the highlight! I can't wait to return. Thanks for everything. Linda
Linda Leo <theleos@cox.net>
Phoenix, AZ USA - Saturday, April 27, 2002 at 09:45:47 (EDT)
Lenny, Cara, Emeren, Gina, Madison, Kete, Junior and Konta, Would like to thank you all for the "Odyssey". The experience lived up to the name!! Never been treated like royalty before, NOW I'M SPOILED FOR LIFE!!! It's two weeks since our cruise and I'm still living it!! We're already booking for 2004 and can't wait to return!!!!All the best to all of you and thank you again for the best vacation I've ever had!!!! See ya in '04. Sincerely, Gordon
Gordon Land <nalaspop@aol.com>
Hyde Park, NY USA - Wednesday, March 27, 2002 at 10:20:00 (EST)
Back to my everyday-routine-boring life,it has been over a month since the one week "adventure" on the Odyssey with all the crews. And it took a while untill my brain cells finish decompression-stop after the trip. Seems like a week long day-dreem. I began to wonder; Everything that happened to me in Truk, did they really happen? Well, I think I have to visit there myself and ask to be sure.
YOU-CHAN <no20westmainst.mystic.ct.06320@docomo.ne.jp>
IWAKI, JAPAN - Tuesday, March 26, 2002 at 10:36:22 (EST)
It was a trip of a life time. I had a wonderful New Year's Eve. Many thanks to Lenny, Cara, Steve, Lona, Yori, Kete, Rio, Madison, and Jack. Take care and keep up the good work. Thanks Again, Garrett
Garrett McCowan <groovy_garrett@hotmail.com>
Normal, IL USA - Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 19:27:20 (EST)
What a trip, thanks for the great New Year's party and all the fun diving we had for the week. A special thanks to Thank you Steve, Cara, Lenny, Lona, Yori, Kete, Rio, Madison, and Jack for helping me enjoy the trip of a lifetime! The Odyssey was even better than I imagined it would be and the crew is second to none. Please keep up the great work and a great dive boat. Hope to see you again soon.
Ed McKenzie <ed.mckenzie@osfhealthcare.org>
Peoria, IL USA - Tuesday, February 12, 2002 at 14:15:20 (EST)
yes me and my wife are getting ready to start dive training and i have a fascination with ww2 ships, i would love to hear more about the trips for amature divers im not sure if you send out a flier for the dives or notif you could send me some prices it would be apreaciated. thank you for your time.
edward mcclure <deerslayerz@aol.com>
taylor, mi - Tuesday, January 29, 2002 at 14:15:41 (EST)
Thanks to everyone for a wonderful time on the Odyssey. It was great. Everyone was helpful and friendly. We had a great time in Palau also. We hope to return sometime.
Jill Appell <afarms@winco>
Altona, Il USA - Tuesday, January 29, 2002 at 00:10:19 (EST)
Cara, Lenny and crew. Thanks for a great time aboard a fine ship. The memories and stories will be with us for a lifetime. This was my third trip back to Truk and the best ever. Everyone had a safe and fun trip. Again thanks for sharing your home with the North Carolina gang. "We'll be back, bear and all"
Van Fleming <scubiedo@aol.com>
Greensboro, NC USA - Tuesday, January 29, 2002 at 00:05:31 (EST)
Thank you Steve, Cara, Lenny, Lona, Yori, Kete, Rio, Madison, and Jack for helping me enjoy the trip of a lifetime! The Odyssey was even better than I imagined it would be. I can't imagine more spectacular diving anywhere in the world, and you all made me feel so at home. I've lost count of all the times I've watched the video! I'll never forget how 2002 began...new friends, diving, and balloon hats--what more could we possibly need? And thanks to all my special Midwestern dive buddies! Love, Maura :)
Maura Ryan <rahri68@hotmail.com>
Williston Park, NY USA - Sunday, January 20, 2002 at 10:54:18 (EST)
big thanks to all the crew. after continental got us to truk 2 days late, the crew salvaged the vacation and made the remainder of the trip better than i ever imagined. the diving is awesome. i cant wait to go back.
roger meilink <rigthis@earthlink.net>
canyon cntry, ca - Wednesday, December 26, 2001 at 00:13:16 (EST)
Hi-- on behalf of the 12 of us from Moses Lake Desert Divers plus Wade from Dallas, we want to say what a wonderful time we had diving Truk. The staff is the BEST!!! They were always right there to lend a hand. The food was excellent (I am surprised we all didn't gain 10 pounds). Loved the shark dive. Cara, Shelly, Steve, and the rest of the crew-- we want to thank you from the bottom of our fins to the top of our snorkel. Gusco Dive Center, Larry and Linda Gustafson
Linda Gustafson <therecord@odessaoffice.com>
Odessa, WA USA - Friday, December 07, 2001 at 17:54:20 (EST)
Cara and Crew...What a fabulous week on the Odyssey! Who would have dreamed a king sized bed on a liveaboard? Outstanding food, accommodating team of professionals and the awesome diving in Truk Lagoon. What more can you ask for? A special thanks to Kete' and Rio for the informative tours of some of the wrecks. An all around superb trip! Don't change anything!
Glen/Norma Darnell <gdnd84@bellsouth.net>
Middleburg, FL USA - Tuesday, December 04, 2001 at 22:03:11 (EST)
How lucky I am to have enjoyed Odyssey not only once, but twice! The second trip was even better than the first — this time during Thanksgiving week! For anybody considering diving in Micronesia or anywhere in the Pacific, the Odyssey is the ONLY way to go. The staff is experienced and friendly, food is outstanding, accommodations are huge, dive deck is clean and organized, and the diving is fantastic. Thanks to Cara, Shasta & the crew for a wonderful week of diving and for the home-cooked Thanksgiving dinner. I wish I could have stayed longer... next time!!
Bonnie Pelnar, Under Watercolours
Irvine, CA USA - Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 15:26:00 (EST)
Dear Cara and your wonderful crew, I got home and I am steel in disbelieve that I have actually been down in the magnificent islands of Micronisia and have seen the most beautiful underwater world with its wrecks and living creatures around them. Thank you for making my vacation and birthday so special! I can recomend to anyboby anytime to come and live this wonderful and unique experience aboard the Odyssey surrounded by the most delightful and sweet people, I can promise that it is going to be a once in a lifetime experience. Thank you very much for everything! Love, Aurora
Aurora <hajni@bellsouth.net>
Jacksonville, FL USA - Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 15:22:26 (EST)
I have over 500 dives under my belt. I have had the opportunity to dive all around the world. The absolutely best dive trip I have ever take was on the Odyssey in Chuuk Lagoon. Usually on a trip I am able to take 5-10 interesting pictures. On this trip I was able to take about 30. If you want to see them go to http://www.oakbrooktech.com/pmbrown/index.htm
Peter Brown <pmbrown@oakbrooktech.com>
Oak Brook, IL USA - Tuesday, November 06, 2001 at 18:00:36 (EST)
To Cara, Shelley, Steve and the rest of the Odyssey Crew. On behalf of Jon, Cindy, Ed, Corey, Caryn, Woody and Myself. I would like to express my sincerest thanks to everyone for making our trip to Truk Lagoon a memorable one. The staff has exceeded every expectations I had and more. Everyone was helpful and the accomodations were fantastic. The diving was phenomenal and the food was great. Once again Thank you. KINISOU CHAPUR See you in June 2003
Albert Nuevo <jp4wd@earthlink.net>
Chicago, IL USA - Monday, November 05, 2001 at 21:28:04 (EST)
Hi, I just felt I had to write to you. I have been looking forward to this week for a year now. On Friday I should be leaving N.J. to make the long trip to you. With the way the world is now no one knows for sure what tomorrow will bring I only hope that it will be safe to climb abroad the Odyssey on Sunday. We all lost a lot last Tuesday with New York being so close. We all have felt the horror that was just across the river from us. With so many people lost and so many from NJ its hard not to know someone. Hopefully it will be safe for us to travel but as now its unsure. I must have been on your web site once a week just checking its really great. Thanks for listening.
Jeanette Fey <JFRY1245@aol.com>
Iselin, NJ USA - Monday, September 17, 2001 at 22:43:49 (EDT)
Odyssey was our 25th live-aboard and it ranks up there among the top three! This was our third trip to Truk and it is still one of our favorite dive sites. Dive crew knowledgeable, competent and attentive and they made diving easy. Lenny and Cara run a superior boat and dive operation; Emerin and Lona went out of their way to accommodate food allergies and dislikes. Can't imagine diving Truk again without being on the Odyssey.
Doris & Bob Schaffer <seamom@earthlink.net>
Fallbrook, CA USA - Sunday, August 19, 2001 at 17:35:45 (EDT)
We just returned from a fabulous week with Cara, Lenny, Shasta & the crew. It was my first live-aboard and first visit to Chuuk, well worth the 20 hour plane ride from Cleveland OH! Would return again in a heart-beat.
Kathy Crowley <kathycrowley@mindspring.com>
Cleveland Hts, OH USA - Wednesday, June 27, 2001 at 21:56:26 (EDT)
Just a quick THANK YOU to Cara and Captain Lenny for a WONDERFUL week. I can not say enough how much I enjoyed diving and living aboard the Odyssey. The crew are very helpful and friendly. They smile all the time. Thank you.
Dodi <dodi7575@yahoo.com>
Avondale, AZ USA - Wednesday, June 06, 2001 at 13:23:45 (EDT)
Easy to see why voted number 1 liveaboard. Looking forward to the return of the Manly crew in June 2003.
Paul Billingham <pbillingham@gtnsw.com.au>
Sydney, NSW Australia - Wednesday, May 23, 2001 at 05:07:07 (EDT)
Thanks a making this an interesting site to visit when it get a little boring at home, or should I say when your hardly working. Anyway, I'm been looking for my promise sister Mona S. Tasi, sister if you see this, please email me back. Thanks.
Alice <aliceelilai@aol.com>
Albany, NY USA - Friday, April 27, 2001 at 00:48:05 (EDT)
There is a reason why all the comments mention the wonderful accommodations, the graciousness of Lenny and Cara, the excellence of the staff, the grandness of the food, and the wonder of the underwater sights: They are all true. I was on the Odyssey the last week of March, '01 - it was a terrific live-aboard and a really different kind of experience. I think one of the main additional attractions is that Lenny and Cara are genuinely interested in making your experience an outstanding one. And they are so competent. As owner-operators they have a flexibilty that allows on the moment innovation and responsiveness that goes together so well with their basic wish to create a fine experience. This feature as much as anything is their secret to such success so fast. I would go again in a flash.
William Sledge, MD <william.sledge@yale.edu>
New Haven, CT USA - Sunday, April 08, 2001 at 18:00:14 (EDT)
If you enjoy wreck diving, this is the place and definitely the boat. It is always enjoyable to be treated as a responsible diver and not watched over like school children. On behalf all the Rokian divers, Bill & Diane
William W. King <mrroki@earthlink.net>
Isle of Palms, SC USA - Sunday, March 25, 2001 at 10:01:39 (EST)
Traveled with the Odyssey for the week starting February 25, 2001. To say that the experience exceeded my expectations would be an understatement. This was my fourth Liveaboard and, to date, the best. Cabins were larger than some cruise ships I've been on. Lenny and Cara were outstanding hosts and gave surperb dive briefings as well.
Al Krenz <akrenz993@aol.com>
Countryside, IL USA - Sunday, March 18, 2001 at 09:43:50 (EST)
Absolutely Great! My 3rd live aboard and would be my first choice for a return trip! Had a great group and appreciated the friendliness and professionalism of the crew. Lenny and Cara are first rate! Great for photos! Hope to be back SOON. The return to the real world has been rough but lots of stories to tell! Picture party tomorrow.
Naomi <nshields@pol.net>
Wichita, KS USA - Saturday, February 03, 2001 at 01:44:41 (EST)
I spent a great week aboard the Odyssey with my son Al and his school friend Jack in July 2000. We had a superb trip and Lenny Cara and the whole crew went out of their way to make everything perfect. We've chartered the boat in August this year and will be returning with a group of friends for what should be a great trip! See you all again then. Jack: there's a Betty Bomber rumoured to be lying at about 110 degrees........ call us when you find it.
tom waring <tw@warings.com>
Hong Kong, CHINA - Wednesday, January 31, 2001 at 04:52:52 (EST)
I was on the Odyssey 1/6/01. Boy what a trip ! This was not my first liveaboard and the Odyssey exceaded my all my expectations. The food was great (and plenty of it!)and the crew was all that you could ask for. Diving from the Odyssey was the finest, plenty of room to put on your gear and step right off the back to the wreck below. What could be easier? The diving was awesome, along with the great wreck sights we saw great soft corals and alot of exotic fish. After being spoiled for the week it was hard to come back to the real world. I would recommend the Odyssey to anyone who likes to wreck dive and live the good life. Thanks Lenny and Cara for a trip of a life time. I sending a pic of you via e-mail.
Dale Bing <dale.bing@gte.net>
Wichita, Ks USA - Friday, January 26, 2001 at 19:49:04 (EST)
We were at Truk Jan. 06-13-01. This was my 7th live aboard and I have been in Cayman Islands, Cocos Island, Galapagos, Bermuda, Palau, Belize. This trip exceeded my expectations. The Odyssey has plenty of room, excellent staff, the diving was great not only because of the wrecks which are truly awesome but also for the exotic fish life and great soft corals. I would highly recommend this trip to anybody who enjoys great accomodations, great service and outtanding diving not to mention the beautiful scenic views with the palms, the sand, the water and unforgettable sunsets.
Peter X. Salmeron <Complete@feist.com>
Wichita, Ks USA - Friday, January 19, 2001 at 21:27:04 (EST)
I just left the Odyssey on Jan 7th. What a fantastic adventure. I'm back to work and Real life bites! Lenny and Cara took such excellent care of us. The food was great, the crew was fun. If you dive on this boat you can truly get 4 or 5 dives a day. No ugly 30 minute skiff runs. Lenny delivers you so close to the dive sites, you can look down and go right to them. Great briefings and enough freedom for an advanced diver to enjoy himself, but the new divers to feel comfortable. Wow! See you in 2004! Thanks to everyone on the Odyssey! Crowe
Jim Crowe <Cromagnum2@aol.com>
Boulder City, NV USA - Wednesday, January 10, 2001 at 04:11:07 (EST)
Wow! just spent an week with Lenny and Cara. It was like being invited to stay on your friends boat for seven days. Thanks you two! Best wishes, Greg.
Greg Whittenburg <Decomstop@aol.com>
Bend, OR USA - Tuesday, January 09, 2001 at 12:08:17 (EST)
Thanks for a great trip, Dec 17-25-2000 the dives were great.Lenny and crew did a great job and made it a wonderful week. What a plane ride to get there but well worth it. Again thanks for a job well done, The old Mailman
Galen White <zipscuba@aol.com>
Lawrence, Ks USA - Tuesday, December 26, 2000 at 12:46:54 (EST)
I spent 2 weeks on the Odyssey in Nov. 2000. It is probably the nicest liveaboard I have been on. The crew was great and the diving was fantastic. You were allowed to dive your own profile with no babysitting. It was great. They are also set up for technical diving (no trimix) which was a real advantage on the deeper wrecks. I would recommend this live-a-board to anyone. You wont be disappointed.
Steve Ryals <SteveRyals@aol.com>
Middleton, Id USA - Sunday, December 17, 2000 at 11:14:11 (EST)
The license plates on the residents’ cars declare Chuuk, Micronesia "Divers’ Haven." SCUBA divers refer to it as divers’ paradise. However, about 60 years ago it must have been like hell with bombs dropping, torpedoes hitting their marks and sinking Japanese ships. Many of the ships were wartime freighters loaded with supplies and other needed wartime cargo. Yes, many airplanes were shot down too. Lying on the bottom of Truk Lagoon is much evidence of that hellish period. Today the remains with all the growth on them make it an ideal place to SCUBA dive. More>>>
Gary L. Hicks <hicksgary@aol.com>
Jacksonville, FL
I keep looking at your web page and can not wait till sept. 2001 and I will be there
paul <pama432@home.com>
nj USA - Sunday, November 05, 2000 at 22:35:26 (EST)
Nice web site. I'm from Chuuk and I'm getting homesick just by looking at the map of Chuuk. Keep up the good work.
Nannan Aizawa <aizawan@aol.com>
Honolulu, Hi USA - Wednesday, September 20, 2000 at 07:47:42 (EDT)
As a teacher/dive instructor/travel agent, and occasional live-aboard diver I have to admit to the professionalism of Cara, Lenny, and crew in their briefings, hospitality, seamanship, overall knowledge of sights, and their willingness to go that extra mile for their passengers pleasures and whims. I was there with a group of divers from July 16-23. Forget Palau and Pohnpei. More coral and sea life and viz than in those other islands. If I had to do it again I would spend 3 weeks on the Odyssey.
Frank Nelson <teach1@nb.net>
N. Huntingdon, Pa USA - Friday, August 04, 2000 at 17:47:10 (EDT)
Awesome week on the Odyssey - everything was "top"!! Great website with great headings. i think i will be heading about 110 degrees!!!!
Jack Richards <jberichards@hotmail.com>
Surrey, UK - Thursday, July 27, 2000 at 08:21:34 (EDT)
We stayed on the Odyssey for our honeymoon and had a fantastic time. The entire operation is first class. The food and accommodations are great, but more important, the people and the diving are fantastic!!! We already want to go back.
Steve Shimkus <sshimkus@yahoo.com>
Glenview, IL USA - Monday, July 17, 2000 at 22:07:38 (EDT)
We completed a trip aboard the Odyssey with Cara, Lenny, and crew in April. THE CLASS ACT in Truk!!! On our last day, all liveaboard vessels were at anchor together: she stood head and shoulders above the others. All of our expectations were surpassed: spacious cabins, excellent food, plenty of room to relax without feeling like you are crowded by others and of course: outstanding diving right off the back of the boat and service that can't be beat. I can't say enough of the atmosphere Cara and Lenny have created for their guests on the Odyssey. The diving in Truk is great - outstanding wrecks with much history. As I looked over the horizon one afternoon and saw several freighters at anchor - it became very easy to close my eyes and imagine what it might have been like at the time of the attack. I encourage anyone planning to dive Truk - read all you can before going - it really enhances the dive experience. Thanks for everything Cara and Lenny! We hope to be back soon.
Kim Bowers <bowerskj@aol.com>
Oak Island, NC USA - Thursday, May 25, 2000 at 21:56:02 (EDT)
The Odyssey,her crew,Lenny & Cara,the food,and of course the diving were all fantastic!!!! And a great group of divers too!! We could'nt have enjoyed it more. Now,when do we get to go back?
Claire Ippoliti <cmi@iname.com>
Ridgefield, CT USA - Monday, May 22, 2000 at 22:05:12 (EDT)
The dives are for divers who love nature and history. With a little fantasy you can imagine World War II. The Odyssey dive organisation is from a high level, safe and full of emotions. Compliments for the rest of the organisation too, because all crew members was very kindly and very nice. All this made our holiday special and unforgettable.

Le immersioni sono per veri intenditori, amanti della natura e della storia. Con un po' di fantasia si possono rivivere delle porzioni d'avvenimenti che hanno segnato la storia mondiale. L'organizzazione subacquea dell'Odyssey ad alto livello rende quest'esperienza ricca d'emozioni in totale sicurezza, curata in ogni particolare. Complimenti anche per l'organizzazione "in coperta", per la disponibilità e la simpatia dell'intero equipaggio che rendono sicuramente la vacanza speciale e indimenticabile.

Die Tauchgänge sind für Feinschmecker, für Liebhaber der Natur und der Geschichte. Mit ein wenig Fantasie kann man die Ereignisse, die in die Weltgeschichte eingegangen sind, wiedererleben. Die Tauchorganisation der Odyssey ist superlative und voll an Erlebnissen. Auf Sicherheit wird großer Wert gelegt und alles ist bis auf das Letzte organisiert. Super ist auch der Rest des Thörns, die Sympathie und die Bereitwilligkeit der gesamten Besatzung tragen dazu bei, daß der Urlaub unvergessen bleibt.
Walter & Ornella <info@bolzanosub.org>
Bolzano, IT ITALY - Thursday, April 27, 2000 at 02:28:10 (EDT)

Just spent a week aboard Odyssey with Cara, Lenny and the crew. I'm a bit biased, because I do this web site, but I must say this was one of the most fantastic trips I've ever done. I saw Odyssey in Fiji before the remodel...she looked good then, but now she is magnificent! I've never seen so much space on any live-aboard. The diving was far better than I ever imagined. The food was fantastic. Best of all was the overall experience... Nitrox, the laditude you gave us, the experienced crew who took me right to all the best photo opportunities, the deco bar camera pick-up service, the great briefings, the shark dive (gulp), the list goes on and on. You've done everything right and your experience really shines through. You have a very bright future. Thank you again to the outstanding crew for making this trip so wonderful!
Bonnie "Deco" Pelnar <underwatercolours@excite.com>
Irvine, CA USA - Saturday, April 22, 2000 at 11:58:35 (EDT)
I just finished a week on the Odyssey and I miss it already!! Lenny and Cara make you feel like family and the boat's accomadations are superb. I could not think of a better dive vacation!!!
Eli Weiss <eliweiss@hotmail.com>
Brooklyn, NY USA - Monday, April 10, 2000 at 16:37:57 (EDT)
Odyssey was my third liveaboard experience and the BEST. Lenny, Cara, and the crew were wonderful. The accommodations were first class. Truk is truly a crown jewel of a dive destination. The Odyssey should be the first choice is diving it for ANY DIVER.
Janet Satterfield <jsca101@aol.com>
Huntington Beach, California USA - Monday, March 20, 2000 at 19:35:10 (EST)
My friend and I just returned from a stay aboard the Odyssey. The Odyssey is a great boat and the crew was very helpful. The diving was fantastic and the amount of marine life incredible. Lenny and Cara try to do everything possible to make everyone happy.
Helen <NumaDiver@aol.com>
Jamesburg, NJ USA - Sunday, March 19, 2000 at 05:37:00 (EST)
Hey, cousin Lenny! Looks like a great operation you've got going! Maybe someday my husband and I will go on a cruise on the Odyssey.
Ann Voelkel <moloch@myriad.net>
Bryan, TX USA - Monday, February 14, 2000 at 20:35:38 (EST)
My wife and I have booked a trip for the first week of April 2000, and we're counting down the days! We can't wait to get aboard the Odyssey!!
Michael Ippoliti <mge@iname.com>
Ridgefield, CT USA - Sunday, January 30, 2000 at 21:10:23 (EST)
Heard about the new boat and found the website. I'm booking a trip tomorrow! I will post more after my trip! Can't wait to dive the best wreck dive site in the world. See you down there.... Chris
Chris Hollingsworth <noellenchris@netpci.com>
Yigo, GU Guam / USA - Tuesday, January 25, 2000 at 07:52:01 (EST)
I stopped by your booth at DEMA and now have had a chance to see your web site...outstanding!! I'm glad you're starting up in Truk Lagoon. I love the place and can't wait to dive it from the Odyssey. Congrats on your success and the best of luck to you.
Doug Miller <diver.doug@usa.net>
Phoenix, AZ USA - Sunday, January 23, 2000 at 18:19:27 (EST)
Truk Lagoon Diving